The main leaders of this effort are residents themselves, the neighborhood champions who believe their neighborhood is and can continue to be the best place for people to choose to live, work and play.
Steering Committee Team:
- Capitol Park Neighborhood Association: Chelsea Lepley, Marge Ramsey
- MLK Jr. Park Neighborhood Association: Charice Williams, Odell Jenkins, Pastor Keith Hackle Jr.
- Capitol East Neighborhood Association: Jack Leachman, Lia Miller
- City of Des Moines – Chris Johansen, Deputy Director of Community Development Dept.
- Community Housing Initiatives – Doug LaBounty, President
- Des Moines Public Schools - Jill Padgett,, Community Schools Coordinator
- Habitat for Humanity – Lance Henning, Executive Director
- United Way – Elisabeth Buck, Chief Community Impact Officer
- Unity Point Health – Chris McCarthy, Project Manager Center for Healthy Communities
Overall Project Manager:
- City of Des Moines – Amber Lynch, Senior City Planner
Project Management Team:
- Habitat for Humanity – Chris Civitate – Rock the Block Outreach Coordinator
- Keep Iowa Beautiful – Beth Hicks – Hometown Pride Community Coach
- City of Des Moines - Laura Peters - Assistant City Planner
- Community Housing Initiatives - Brian Bonanno - Community Development DIrector